THE VOICE OF YOUR GUIDE, SIDI SHAYKH MUHAMMAD
IS CALLING YOU TO THIS GATHERING,
THE VOICE OF AL-HAQQ
WELCOMING EVERYONE to the HOLY MONTH of the QUR’AN
the Blessed Ramadan in a special holy place, Pope Valley, California,
May 15 – June 15, 2018
We would appreciate your registration so that we will know the dates you will attend and the numbers necessary for the gathering of supplies for the Holy Month. Amina Al-Jamal will keep the zawiyyah open the entire month of Ramadan and we will have space for everyone. Anyone is also welcome to bring their own tent, if they want.
Bring your own bedding and towels and any supplies of specific dietary needs. Meals will be provided at the beginning and end of each day’s fast. Everyone will be called upon and expected to give help with chores and all aspects of living together during the month.
Although donation and zakat will be expected, it will not be asked for. An envelope will be provided for the deposit of both. We encourage you to be very generous as giving purifies all aspects of our life.
The celebrations for THE LAST 10 DAYS will be as follows:
- There will be an auto call to prayer set up for each of the daily prayers.
- fajr is approximately 4:35 am.
- after fajr, until sunrise at about 6:00 am al-wird, al-wadhifa, the names, and Surah Ya Siin, will be recited together, in small groups, or alone.
- sunrise to dhuhr at approximately 1:10 pm is a period of rest.
- after dhuhr we will again gather in small groups, or choose one brother or sister, or remain alone in private time with Allah for the recitation of Qur’an and remembrance until asr at approximately 5:00 pm.
- after asr will be a 30 minute teaching period, as well as chores, and food preparation
- expect to be called upon to help. Mahdi will be among those called to prepare some of Sidi’s favorite Ramadan dishes.
- maghrib prayer is at approximately 8:30 pm and will follow the breaking of fasting with water and dates.
- After iftar we will have a “Sidi’s smoke break”, at which time waterpipes will be set up on the patio outside the mosque.
- the time for isha prayer, which comes in at approximately 10 pm will be determined.
after isha we will have taraweeh prayers, followed by solitary remembrance.
- sahour preparation will begin around 3 am and fajr comes in at approximately 4:35 am
- on the Night of Lailat-l-Qadr, after taraweeh, we will gather together for dhikr with some special guests Mahdi will be inviting until midnight or later, after which each person will enter into individual khalwa until al-fajr.
- A gathering together for Eid celebration and prayer will be on the morning of the first day of ‘Eid.